gold confetti

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

SIX

My baby boy has been alive for 2,192 days. 

The night before his birthday I had some thoughts... 

February 15th, 2022

"'Hold him a little longer, rock him a little more. Read him another story, you’ve already read him four. Let him sleep on your shoulder, rejoice in his happy smile, he is only a little boy for such a little while.'
This poem came to mind tonight as I watched his Daddy read him one last book as a 5-year-old. It’s just so sweet. I’ve been trying to soak up all his little boy goodness this past week because I know he’s about to be 6. And 6 doesn’t seem so little anymore for whatever reason.
His whole focus today has been “this is the last time I’ll do such and such as a 5-year-old.” So he made sure to do lots of things just ‘one more time.’
As we were saying prayers and tucking him in, I got him to sing me his song “one more time as a 5-year-old” so I could record it. He “wrote” this song for me a few months ago when I had the flu so badly I couldn’t get out of bed. He came to me one night and sang this song to help me feel better. Now he sings it to me at least 3 times a week, but I realized tonight I have never recorded it! So I did, on his last night of being 5. I wish so badly I could add it to my blog.
And then I went to check on him and gave him a kiss on his soft cheek as he slept… my last kiss to him as a 5-year-old.
I’m crying as I’m writing this post because it’s really hard to come to terms that my BABY is getting so old. I’m just a big sap when it comes to my kids, especially him.
Especially on his last night of being 5.💙"

February 16th, 2022

Before him, I could NEVER imagine myself having a boy. Now that he’s here, I can NEVER imagine my life without him. He inherited my impatience but his Daddy’s entire face😂. He’s made me cry both out of frustration and out of love (happy tears😌). He is equal parts stubborn, hilarious, naughty, and loving. He is everything to me. And today, HE IS SIX!!
He was very excited to finally get to hold up 2 hands!

I believe I said this last year... But we've just always had a baby or a toddler after Lucy or Piper turned 6. This year we don't. This year, him being 6 is the youngest child we have. It's crazy. It's hard. It's wonderful. It's all the things.
Happy Birthday, bud. You're my favorite💙

We celebrated his birthday party at Andy B's bowling alley on Saturday. He had some pretty cute friends show up! It was a sweet day for a sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are Welcome- Thanks for stopping by!