gold confetti

Monday, September 30, 2013

McCall

McCall, Idaho.  That's where we just spent our weekend and even though Shawn and I had to cut it a day short, it was still nothing less than spectacular!  We went hottubbing in the cold rain, 4-wheeling in the mud, played pool and other games, ate the most delicious food, and stayed up way too late!  Shawn, sadly, had to work so we only were able to stay one night (not 2).  My Dad rented a cabin that slept 21 people!  So while I say "Cabin," you're probably thinking of some rustic hollowed out lodge.  No.  This was a ginormous house with a volley ball court in the back, windows and land that overlooked snowy, beautiful mountains, marble counter-tops, big TV's (with satellite- much to the football-loving men's delight) and lots of spacious, beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms.  It was gorgeous!  I haven't seen such high ceilings in a house, ever, I don't think.  I am SO glad we were able to go!  The men played hours and hours of ping-pong (us ladies heard lots and lots of yelling, laughing and shouting during their heated "tournaments") and the women were able to chat all day.  It was perfection.  Very well behaved kids and very happy adults.  Plus, Lucy followed "Weewa" (that's Olivia in Lucy-talk) around all day Saturday and happily took orders from the "boss."  She thought her big cousin Olivia was the coolest kid on the block!

I'm glad my Mom turned 50 so that we could participate in her big celebration!  She, on the other hand, isn't too happy about her new age.  But who looks better than she does turning the big 5-0?  NO ONE.  Mom, you're the most beautiful 50 year old young woman I know.

Happy Birthday Mama!  We love you as big as the beach.

Sad note- I left my camera's memory card in my computer!  So while I was smart and brought my camera, I was dumb and left the memory at home :(  I  took some cell phone pictures and hired Tiff to document the weekend for me, so it still worked out.  But I would have liked to have my own camera- that thing is my security blanket, I swear.  I'm obsessed- as you ALL know by now :)  Anyway, here are the pictures I was able to get!
                                Piper's first time eating Spaghetti.  Hey, Mikey, SHE LOVES IT!
While I wasn't there for this precious moment, I still wanted to add this picture that Coley sent to me.  It had me tear up just looking at it.  I love that my grandparents on BOTH sides represent true love.  It's what I want to look like when I am in my 70's.  This is the epitome of happiness.  Look how Pops is looking at her!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINNY!

1 comment:

  1. Best Birthday ever! It wouldn't have been without all of my family.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are Welcome- Thanks for stopping by!